Golden Clown Fish

Sbear123

Market
Reaction score
I have had my tank for about 1.5 years and I am thinking of getting a pair of Golden Clown fish, which are very rare.

I want to breed and then possible sell them to people who are interested. Do you think there will be a huge demand for people to want and willing to pay for? I am not sure if the cost of doing this would be worth it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have had my tank for about 1.5 years and I am thinking of getting a pair of Golden Clown fish, which are very rare.

I want to breed and then possible sell them to people who are interested. Do you think there will be a huge demand for people to want and willing to pay for? I am not sure if the cost of doing this would be worth it. Thoughts?

Have you bred before? If not I would take a look at what that entails. From my understanding it takes a lot to breed.

Have you bred before? If not I would take a look at what that entails. From my understanding it takes a lot to breed.
No, but have been reading alot about how to breed and thinking of trying it.

No, but have been reading alot about how to breed and thinking of trying it.

Getting them to breed is the easy part.

Keeping the fry alive and getting them to a point where they are healthy, eating and able to be sold is the hard part.

@bobz has been involved in Clown breeding - you can see some of his progressHERE

Getting them to breed is the easy part.

Keeping the fry alive and getting them to a point where they are healthy, eating and able to be sold is the hard part.

@bobz has been involved in Clown breeding - you can see some of his progressHERE
Thanks.

If you're talking about ORA Golden Nugget Clownfish they aren't as rare and expensive as they used to be five years ago. If it's a different Golden please let us know which type.

If you're talking about ORA Golden Nugget Clownfish they aren't as rare and expensive as they used to be five years ago. If it's a different Golden please let us know which type.
Ok, will do. Going to look at them after work. Thanks.

If you’re correct in aiming to get a Golden Clownfish, you may have difficulty in getting a pair. My first question; is there even a pair of these alive? Lol. As far as I know, there is only a single known specimen. And there’s controversy as to whether or not it can produce offspring. And if it did have babies, do the babies exhibit the same traits? And are they fertile?

Assuming this and that an owner is willing to sell them... where do you find these clownfish for sale?

But cool! Happy you found a passion!

If you’re correct in aiming to get a Golden Clownfish, you may have difficulty in getting a pair. My first question; is there even a pair of these alive? Lol. As far as I know, there is only a single known specimen. And there’s controversy as to whether or not it can produce offspring. And if it did have babies, do the babies exhibit the same traits? And are they fertile?

Assuming this and that an owner is willing to sell them... where do you find these clownfish for sale?

But cool! Happy you found a passion!
Pure Reef has a pair right now.

Before anyone that reads this and gets excited that there are Golden Clownfish on the market, I just called Pure Reef to confirm; there are are no Golden Clownfish there. They have Gold Nuggets Maroons and Naked Ocellaris, but never any Goldens. Sorry for the let down. Still, we can stay hopeful that we will see some babies of these in the next year or two!

Sorry @Sbear123 I don’t mean to put you down or anything. Just don’t want people to be misinformed. I appreciate your help in maybe identifying some awesome fish!

Before anyone that reads this and gets excited that there are Golden Clownfish on the market, I just called Pure Reef to confirm; there are are no Golden Clownfish there. They have Gold Nuggets Maroons and Naked Ocellaris, but never any Goldens. Sorry for the let down. Still, we can stay hopeful that we will see some babies of these in the next year or two!

Sorry @Sbear123 I don’t mean to put you down or anything. Just don’t want people to be misinformed. I appreciate your help in maybe identifying some awesome fish!
How do these clowns look?

Back