Goldfish tank in deep fryer????

cgill311

Market
Reaction score
Did you guys see this link??? How funny. I wonder how the water temp stays low enough for the fish to live?

a>

If anyone speaks Japanese, can you please translate that section about why dropping water into a hot fry pan flashes but not in the deep fryer?

Must be a b*tch to clean... fry off a 2 inch section of your arm just to get the detris... on the bright side, when fish die and float to the top, they'll get cooked in the process and float to the very top as deep fried fish.

Yeah, what if a fish dies and/or you want to add a new one?

so that's how pepperidge farm does it...

CGill311;31987 wrote: If anyone speaks Japanese, can you please translate that section about why dropping water into a hot fry pan flashes but not in the deep fryer?
Pressure. The pressure of the oil on top of the water plus the heat gradient goes up from the oil. I'm sure there's a tier of the water close to the oil that's extremely hot, but not 163 degrees Celsius (about 325 Fahrenheit).

I question the veracity of this on one important factor: oxygen exchange. There doesn't appear to be any means of oxygenating the water in the fryer.

I guess the Japanese don't have an equivalent body to the FDA either.:yuk:

The point about oxygenation is actually a good one, and I wish I had thoguth of it!

I know its true because I remember from Microbiology lab, when we grew bugs that were anaerobic and would die if exposed to oxygen, we just put a 2" layer of oil on top of the broth and they were happy little buggers.

There is a way around this however...

Water is heavier than oil, and I don't think that goldfish have very high water O2 requirements. So, if they were to pour some fresh water in the tank every night after the friers were turned off, the water would sink and potentially provide enough oxygen to keep the fish alive.

Now that I have spent ENTIRELY too much thought and time on this subject, I think I'll study for my embryology test tomorrow...

I'm fairly certain that the fish is in the catch basin. As such hot oil and other drippings will fall down there, but its not heated directly...

I should have used this for my skimmer presentation. Oil is hydrophobic as opposed to hydrophilic which simply means oil wants to get out of water as opposed to be in it.

Did anyone read the links below it? We could have fish races at the next meeting!n or at least synchronized swimming.
watch

blackwolfl;32485 wrote: It took him 10 years to develop it perfectly.
Wonder how many goldfish got served to patrons before he perfected it? :eek:

Back