Gone 19 Days

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
My tank has been running on auto pilot since Aug 16: auto feeder, auto top off, auto water change, skimmate locker, Apex Fusion monitoring. Camera crashed before I left. All LOOKS well on Fusion... wonder what I'll find when I return home Monday evening after 19 days!

I do up to ten days all the time... having a webcam helps. But this time I'm without the camera

Wow. I've never had left a tank that long when I'm away. Glad you have had  success so far. I'd normally would check temps (heater or chiller)  pumps (recirculation and return) and at least 5g in the ATO container, the rest would be a little less important. Unfortunately everything fails as far as equipment wise. My chiller went south without advise, and the other day my vortech impeller broke. Got to keep affordable spares as we have always mentioned and in this case I've an impeller but a chiller..  I've another one but is to large for a small tank.

Keep posting please, I'd  love to follow your steps next time I've to leave.

Back home... all is well (almost). Major glass cleaning needed, and I found a small leak in my skimmate locker (ewwww!). Algae growth... suspect high phosphates due to the auto feeder over feeding: will check in the morning. Everything else functioned as intended.

Back