Good at Aquascaping?

curator

Market
Reaction score
I am moving next weekend (21st & 22nd) and am looking for help in moving my 29 gal. biocube, as well as (and more importantly) trying to set up my rock work in a similar fashion to what it is now. This will be a challenge, since just about every rock has invertebrates on it. If you consider yourself good at this, and would like to make some extra money, please pm me. Here's an image to give you a sense of the tank:
IMG_0252.jpg
>http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/mannerton/IMG_0252.jpg</a>

Thanks,

John

Is that what they are??? I bought them as Zoanthis 1.5 years ago. The largest are about 1'' accross. They've grown quite large lately, presumably from my feeding them so much. The hungry buggers almost grab food from the end of my turkey baster!

Curator;289576 wrote: Is that what they are??? I bought them as Zoanthis 1.5 years ago. The largest are about 1'' accross. They've grown quite large lately, presumably from my feeding them so much. The hungry buggers almost grab food from the end of my turkey baster!
Word...

Great hint at re-aqua scaping.......

Take lots of digital pics during the dismantle, best done by a second person, preferably each time a rock is moved. View the pics in reverse when restacking rock.

load large totes loosely with rock in sequential order, meaning first in, first out.....

As far as the aqua scaping that you've got going now......... Personally, I'd go with a lil more negative space, meaning a few more crevises and holes in the brick wall. </em>

If that's Xenia high on the main rock pile, I'd take it off now and put it on rocks of it's own near the main rock pile. I year from now, it will have taken over all your valuable real estate. Xenia doesn't require that much light anyway.

Please post pics when the move is complete...

Dakota:

All good advice...thanks! You wouldn't know it from that image, but there really is a lot of opening between and under most of the rock work. I plan on doing as you suggest and move my xenia to lower areas of the tank - that way I can put the "light-lovers" near the top.

It's good to see you back on the scene!

John

Back