Good deal on 36w UV

zoajohn

Supporting
Reaction score
Amazon has the Coralife Turbo Twist 12x (36 watt) UV on sale for $105. They usually retail for $206

Damn, I ordered and then looked at recent reviews.... looks like a bad batch and I think Amazon trying to offload it? I cancelled because of this. So just be careful.
To be fair - all UVs are like this.
If the washers arent seated correctly, it'll cause water to get into the sleeves and electrical connectors.
Most people crack the sleeves when changing out the bulbs...I'd place this more on user error (and poor design) than a bad batch.
I've used 4 or 5 different UV brands and they are all designed like this.

To be fair - all UVs are like this.
If the washers arent seated correctly, it'll cause water to get into the sleeves and electrical connectors.
Most people crack the sleeves when changing out the bulbs...I'd place this more on user error (and poor design) than a bad batch.
I've used 4 or 5 different UV brands and they are all designed like this.
True and Good to know, but if you look at their other models, it doesn’t have the same amount of complaints. Hence why it leads me to believe there is something wrong with this specific model.

Is this their biggest one?
Bigger uv = longer sleeve.
Longer sleeve = more chance of you mucking it up, lol.
Speaking of which, I need to change the bulbs on my UV on the koi pond but I've been pushing it off because I know my fat fingers are likely to break or unseat something in the process.

But better safe than sorry....if it doesn't smell right or the price is too good to be true, maybe better to steer clear.

i finally got around to setting this up today opened the box and the uv bulb was cracked and it was missing the 0-rings so i had to setup a return on amazon for it they are sending me another one

Back