Good or Bad?

scramer74

Market
Reaction score
I got my clowns an bt anemone yesterday. It's blobbed itself between and under some rocks, my clowns won't leave it alone. Circling it and poking at it. They can't swim in it because it's tucked under the rocks too much. I guess my question is, is it normal for the anemone to do that? and will the clowns hurt it by poking at it? If it's not normal, my next post will be for 2 clown fish for sale :)

thanks for any and all help!

My anemones will shrink up sometimes. My clowns will still try and host it, but they will just go to another one of the 5 nems in my tank. Give it a day or two to adjust.

thanks guys! I also got a doubletip starfish. Woke up this morning to one of it's limbs missing. I set it ontop of a rock. Will it survive with a missing limb?

Got a picture of the sea star? I've never heard of that kind.

An anemone, when introduced to another system, will usually 'water change'. It expels most of the water out of its tissues and takes up water from the new system. The only risk the clowns pose is if they are too big for the anemone and love it so much that they intimidate it into re-expanding. Give it a few days, it will likely be fine.

Jenn

When I first got my Rose Bubble Tip Anemone my large Maroon Clownfish loved it a little to much and ended up tearing the tissue by pushing it to hard into a rock. The anemone just split into two and now I have two healthy RBTA's.
It should be fine as long as it was healthy when you put it in your tank.

JennM;1022726 wrote: Got a picture of the sea star? I've never heard of that kind.

An anemone, when introduced to another system, will usually 'water change'. It expels most of the water out of its tissues and takes up water from the new system. The only risk the clowns pose is if they are too big for the anemone and love it so much that they intimidate it into re-expanding. Give it a few days, it will likely be fine.

Jenn

I think I've attached the pic. I got it from Nemos yesterday. It's small, maybe the size of a half dollar.

The anemone came out from the rock and then right back under the rock. He's really packed in there now. Clowns are still obsessed with it. They're pecking at the foot, that's whats bothering me.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1022825=60386-star.jpg
>
1022825=60386-star.jpg
class="gc-images" title="star.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back