Good read! More reef safe fish than we thought

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=189240&st=0"><span style="color: #810081;">Have You Overlooked These Fish? - Tropical Fish Forums</span></a>

Author of this article suggests several Triggers, many puffers and fish such as Marine Bettas are reef safe.

I might have my puffer or clown trigger yet!

My niger trigger leaves my coral alone. I've yet to put SPS in that tank though. But he's not molested my LPS or softies.

Most of my inverts are alive as well.

I've always been more concerned with "invertebrate safe" instead of "reef safe" since from what I've read most fish seem to be safe for most corals. It's all the other critters you want in your tank that are at risk. Especially shrimp.

George;88563 wrote: I've always been more concerned with "invertebrate safe" instead of "reef safe" since from what I've read most fish seem to be safe for most corals. It's all the other critters you want in your tank that are at risk. Especially shrimp.

I saw a special on the Science Channel last night about the Great Barrier Reef and I definitely don't want a Titan Trigger in my reef...those fish are reef destroyers, along with the Crown of Thorns! I agree with George...most are "reef" safe, it's just everything else, shrimp, crabs, stars, etc. that some fish are prone to eat or nibble on!:mad2:

Back