good tank temp?

wolfie

Market
Reaction score
I went to Cappuccino Bay Aquarium and pickup a crocea clam and was wondering what temp would be the idea temp to keep the clam happy. Keep in mind that I know stable temp are better then any temp, but my chiller are up and running so stable temp are not a problem. Well +/-1 anyway

thanks

I have always read that 80-81 was best for a clam since they are tidal... I do not know if this is true but it is what I read.

I keep my tank at 78 and both my giant derasa and crocea seem to be happy and healthy. I think light is more important that temp.

Now that is interesting about acro's. Never heard that. Did a quick look and according to Mr. Delbeck and Mr. Sprung of THE REEF AQUARIUM</em> book ideal temp is 74-76F, but okay b/w 70-80F. But recoomend a stable temp as much as possible.

I keep my tanks around 76. My clam seems fine with the temperature. My corals seem happy enough. I used to run them at 78-79 but it does seem to be a little happier with the colder end as far as corals go. Also colder water holds oxygen better...though I doubt a few degrees make a huge difference.

Back