Gravity Fed ATO

catgirl29

Market
Reaction score
I'm just full of questions lately and the Google is not my friend today.

Now that my sump has a float valve built in, I was told I could gravity feed as an ATO. I'd like to put a little almost bulkhead like thing at the bottom of a bucket or trash can to feed the water out. What is this little fitting called? It would need to have something on it onto which to attach tubing for feed out.

Catgirl29;1053382 wrote: I'm just full of questions lately and the Google is not my friend today.

Now that my sump has a float valve built in, I was told I could gravity feed as an ATO. I'd like to put a little almost bulkhead like thing at the bottom of a bucket or trash can to feed the water out. What is this little fitting called? It would need to have something on it onto which to attach tubing for feed out.

I've used a 5 gallon bucket from HD before, with a bulkhead and a "john guest" fitting. (I think that is what they are called). It's essentially a push connect fitting for 1/4" outside diameter tube.

I actually still have this setup, and you can have it, if you would like.

similer to these.

I'll have an official gravity fed ato available really soon. I know it doesn't help today but they are incredible and never fail. 6.3 gallons capacity.

Walmart waste basket with flat sides, 1/2" threaded bulkhead, and a 1/2" thread to 1/4" push connect fitting will do the trick.

Back