Great News!!!

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
I must have missed my Bi Blenny come out into the sump when I took out the plumbing looking for him....

He's been missing for a month or more but I found him in the sump about 15 minutes ago...WOOT

He looks healthy but hes not purple and orange anymore...you can see more like stripes now....Will his color come back or is he morphed into a different suit now?

Either way, its great to have him back

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">He has been assimilated into a Borg! There is nothing that can be done. "Resistance is Futile".</span></span>

That's cool..........

I was reading over on RC the other night and a guy found one of his fish that was missing for 3 years. It sounded like it was in some peice of equipment and was in complete darkness for that time period. It is his longest living fish.

makes you wonder if that fish evolved in any sort of way during that period of darkness so he could adapt to eating in the dark and all that...i mean its only three years but if you think about it thats how evolution happens.....thats why we have these fish with light bulbs on their head.

tnyga;120858 wrote: I must have missed my Bi Blenny come out into the sump when I took out the plumbing looking for him....

He's been missing for a month or more but I found him in the sump about 15 minutes ago...WOOT

He looks healthy but hes not purple and orange anymore...you can see more like stripes now....Will his color come back or is he morphed into a different suit now?

Either way, its great to have him back

Well... your post made me think. I had gotten a new Midas Blenny a few weeks ago, and it had been missing since last weekend. I had done a quick check of the sump and overflows when he disappeared, but I did not think he would have fit through the slats. Also, half of my outflow goes straight to my skimmer... he would not have survived that. I checked again about 10 minutes ago after reading this, and there it was, in the overflow! Kind of rough on him getting him out, but at least he has a chance.

I would guess the color on yours will come back once he has gotten used to the main tank again. Blenny's change color with stress. Thanks for posting this!

-Mike

Thats awesome Mike!! The color has almost come back in mine...Glad the post helpd! BTW, Im sure he jumped over not went though the slots...

tnyga;121070 wrote: Thats awesome Mike!! The color has almost come back in mine...Glad the post helpd! BTW, Im sure he jumped over not went though the slots...

Grats Russ on finding your Blenny. As you have already found out, there color will come back with light.

Have fun, I love my bicolor!

Matt

Color is almost all returned and hes still the coolest fish

tnyga;121360 wrote: Color is almost all returned and hes still the coolest fish

I have one of these guys and love it. So funny the way he backs into his liverock home after he darts out for food or to go for a quick swim. He looks like a car backing into a parking space.

Linda Lee;121384 wrote: I have one of these guys and love it. So funny the way he backs into his liverock home after he darts out for food or to go for a quick swim. He looks like a car backing into a parking space.

I agree...I like my other fish but I was almost truly upset when I lost him...sniff sniff hes like a son to me...lol

My son saw how happy I was when I found him...he said I was never that happy to see him before...I told him thats only because the ranking is..God, Wife, Fish, Kids...needless to say he walked away lol

dough;120871 wrote: That's cool..........

I was reading over on RC the other night and a guy found one of his fish that was missing for 3 years. It sounded like it was in some peice of equipment and was in complete darkness for that time period. It is his longest living fish.
Can you post the link to this. I would love to check it out!:eek:

Back