great (sarcasm) time to upgrade

steve

Market
Reaction score
my tank sprung a leak, it has probably been like that for a few days, only lost probably 2 gallons of water out of the whole system, but still... I want to upgrade to a 120 or something similar... anyone have something like that... i dont want to spend a fortune... any help?

thanks steve

Steve... I do not have a tank that size but if you need to move your current tank stock temporarily, I have a 75 acrylic that you can use with a stand and sump. Let me know

Bob

Bob, think you could bring that over to my place sometime soon? Or I can maybe arrange a pick-up? Everything should be fine till tomorrow but I'd still like to get it taken care of soon. I've already called out of work tomorrow to do some work on it.

I know, it just hasn't been a good day... Was gonna SHOW</em> off my tank tonight to Dave... turned into trying to save it...

leaky bulkhead, i've drained the tank down below the bulkhead and it seems to have stopped. I've added some plumber's epoxy onto it to reinforce it a little, and then have the return pump with no return line on it so that is moving water in the sump and left the heater in there also. Threw a heater into the display and just have the koralia 2 moving water in there now... im really thinking of turning the tunze back on to give it a little more oxygen to the water...

i honestly dont know, but am not willing to take a chance on it. just gonna go with a new set-up. i can justify it this way with the parentals.

no clue.. haha it was just a different subject and didnt want to bring the great deal to the attention of others. well i just did. oh well.

Okay, so last night my tank sprung a little leak. I put some plumber's epoxy around the bulkhead where it was leaking and dropped the water level down. This morning I added some silicone around the plumber's expoxy for some extra insurance and then just now proceeded to add more plumber's epoxy around the rest of the bulkhead. I filled the tank all the way back up and and it is now running full force. I'm gonna wait to turn on the Tunze I have in it just cause I don't want anymore force going onto the bulkhead. But right now the situation seems averted. Gonna be keeping an eye on it every hour for the next few days... Then hopefully in a few weeks or a week I'll have the 120 in place in the basement because I don't like to go through this situation again.

Yeah, just hopefully they don't take another turn the wrong way... The first leak is sceeerrrrryyyy!

Charlie, I really want the 2 feet front to back but don't want to have to go with 3 MH's which is why the 180 is out of the question. I like the 90, but personally like the 120 a lot better! Thanks for the offer man! I appreciate it.

Leak started again... Pulling the bulkhead may work, but am afraid I'll break something... I'll have to figure out something on the drain too since it's glued into the bulkhead... so I'll have to cut that and try to find something to connect them back together... or I could tear off all the plumber's epoxy and just tighten the bulkhead which is what I should have tried in the first place... What do you guys think?

maybe your o-ring needs to be resealed, take it out and wet it with water and then put it back together.

The plumber's epoxy makes that hard... It's hard as steel right now...

Back