Green Carpets?

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
I have just got a green carpet ani. And I was woundering how do you get them to sit up right in the tank? I have tried to put him on a rock and on the bottom and he keeps on falling on his side. Will he just find a place on his own or is there some thing wrong with him.

There might be something wrong, but they normally move around to find a spot that they like. I would just leave him alone. The more you move him the worse. They move rapidly and he will definitly find somewhere that makes him happy.

Thanks a lot I was worried about him. He is really big and I would hate for him to be sick or hurt. I got another crazy question. I picked up a knoby orange star fish also last night. Do they usually stay around the top of the tank? He climbed up there as soon as I got home and has not moved at all.

Starfish will do that and they will sit still for hours at a time. When they are first acclimating they seem to be more sedentary after they pic a spot.

Thanks for the advice. I feel kind of dumb asking all these questions but there really isn't anyone around here to ask. But all of you seem to understand. Thanks again.

GA-PEACHES72;127666 wrote: Thanks for the advice. I feel kind of dumb asking all these questions but there really isn't anyone around here to ask. But all of you seem to understand. Thanks again.

Thats what this website is for ;).

what fish do you have in the tank? Carpets are notoroious fish eaters. also, what corals do you have in the tank? Starts with knobs are usually corasl eaters.

That is what I was about to post, the star you ment. Isn't reef safe I don't think, carpets will eat anything they can..

The only fish I have in there now is a blue Regal Tang, 2 clown fish, a lawnmower blenny, and 5 three strip damels. Then there is a cleaner shrimp, a few snails, a few blue hermits. As far as any corals I just got some piece from a gut to day not sure of the name but it looks like an orange ear.

Back