Green Hydnophora

jmike50

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just acquired a frag of what the title says. For what I have read and show videos of this coral...that this thing is dangerous! I have it on one end of the frag tank with nothing around it. I saw a video on it and the guy said that one of his frags fell onto a Acan frag when he left the tank for 15 minutes and whit in that little bit of time the Acan was dead...WOW:D...does anyone else have this coral...besides the person who gave me the frag.....what experiences have you had with it?

I heard this thing has multi mouths on it and to target feed it bits of meaty foods and other coral foods.:eek:

Was very easy care for me never target fed. Can pack a nasty punch so I never had it near other meaty corals.

Mine never bothered anything and there were mushrooms and candy cane right next to it. I didn't target feed it either. I've never seen any tentacles or anything from it. It was in a position that nothing could fall on to it or vice-versa so I don't know about that part.

jmike50;850508 wrote: Hello everyone,
I just acquired a frag of what the title says. For what I have read and show videos of this coral...that this thing is dangerous! I have it on one end of the frag tank with nothing around it. I saw a video on it and the guy said that one of his frags fell onto a Acan frag when he left the tank for 15 minutes and whit in that little bit of time the Acan was dead...WOW:D...does anyone else have this coral...besides the person who gave me the frag.....what experiences have you had with it?

I heard this thing has multi mouths on it and to target feed it bits of meaty foods and other coral foods.:eek:

No need to feed it..and it doesn't like to be touched by other corals lol it will attack majority of corals it touches..trust me Xenia is not one of them

theres a lot of corals that will attack other corals. I know a guy who had a torch coral frag fall on (or get knocked on to) a scolly and ate a good chunk out of it in a half hour

Mines plays nice for some reason
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
850561=44113-image.jpg
>
850561=44113-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I have the green branching and pink branching also the green encrusting. I have had mine for at least 3 years, unfortunately it is one you don't want to touch others! I just fragged mine, it is a great beginner coral, hard to kill.:yes:

Back