Green Monti Bleaching

tanner86

Market
Reaction score
I have large green monti that was doing great in the tank until my clown began nesting in the middle of it. After about two weeks of the clown irritating the monti, the coral began turning brown and then bleaching out, but only where the clown stayed. The other part of the monti where the clown left it alone is doing awesome. Any reason for this? Did the clown just kill off part or do I have a possible parasite on the monti? All four other monti's are doing fantastic.
Please help!

If your saddle back clown is hosting it, then the polyps are probably closing up where the clown is hosting it... causing that part of the monti to die off.

That's what I thought. The powder blue was also doing it. You saw the green monti all the way in the back, do you think it has a parasite on it or is it just the fish?

I'll give that a try. The only other thing I can think of is over the past 3 days we have dropped the temp. from 83 to 75/76. The temp. was rising to high due to the outside heat. Might this have contributed?

Back