Green Slime Algeae

jbt24

Market
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to get rid of it. I let it go to long and it is all over my sand and rocks.

Tell us more about your system please. ie. parameters, mag level, how much live rock, how long system going.(3 months right) What inhabitants?

30 gallon corner, about 60lbs of liverock, have had it running probably 14 months.

Levels are salt 1.026, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, ph 7.8. Tank is 40 gallon corner not 30

i have perc, angel, scooter bleeny, watcherman goby, different corals i have mushrooms, zoos, hammer, torch. Hermit crabs and snails. I run my light about 9 hours a day have been for almost a year and now of course i am having a algae problem. I run a 250 watt bulb my tank runs at 79 to 80 degrees all the time. Do i just need to black out my tank for couple of days and just let the algae die or is there a better way?

My thoughts are leaning towards (age of bulb) and (mag)
What type of clean up crew do you have? I know how to get rid of the algea but would have to figure out the cause and address it before eliminating the green slime.

Stop by the store and I will test your mag, bring a couple of photos and we can figure out what the issue is.

Back