Green Spotted Puffer, Black Mollies, and Fiddler Crabs

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
I was at the vets off the other day getting my dobies ears done. (Some people frown on this but I think it adds a certain quality and distinction to the dog.) Well I went across the yard to the cashier to pay for the surgery and noticed they had fish. :) Granted they were all freshwater tanks but still. They had some baby Green Spotted Puffers, and fiddler crabs. impulsivley I bought the 2 puffers and the 2 crabs. With the little knowledge I have on them I knew I could at least keep them in a brackish tank. I have transitioned Mollies over before and they did great. Actually just gave them to a friend who wanted to hardy fish to start her tank. Since I have been there every step of the way I knew her tank was ready, so I gave her the Mollies to start with. Any-who, Back on point I read that the puffers are born in freshwater but as they grow they transition to full marine. So over the course of 6 hours I dripped them into a nsw environment. A week has gone by and they are doing great. I currently have then in my 60 rimless reef tank, but plan to move them to the 150 predator tank upstairs once they get big enough not to fit into my volitans mouth. lol The dwarf fuzzy isnt really big enough but the volitan would eat them I think... any thoughts? And the fiddler crabs were transitioned to nsw and are in my frag tank at the moment. Very neat addition and certainly keep the left over food and hair algae at bay.

Back