Group buy Clean up Crew

fishyfishy

Supporting
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in going in on a group buy for some clean up crews? I am needing a good re-stock and the idea of getting free shipping and direct online prices is pretty appealing. On reefcleaners.org I can set up a group buy and they will bag up each individuals order separately. They will ship to one address. If there is a lot of traction here we could also split it into two group buys and have different pick up points. I guess we can see what the interest is here. Each buy should be over $250 total to get free shipping.

Once I see if there is interest and set up the group buy each person can use the site to make their own custom order. Hermits are around $0.60 each. Dwarf Cerith snails are $0.17. Nassarious are $0.50. Trochus are $3. There are other things as well.

Let me know what your rough interest is to see if we can get an order placed. I can ship to my address in West Cobb near premier and reef shac. If we get another buy we can send it to the other side of town somewhere.

I'd rather see us approach a couple of the local stores and see if they will meet the pricing for a minimum.

ARC may be able to figure out a way to set up purchasing via the site - and place the order / pay the vendor - then people go to the store and pick up their goods.

I would be happy with that plan as well. Whatever is best and easiest for the club/members i'm all for.
I'm interested too.

Let's see how many people are interested and get a preliminary head count. I guess we'd need to know what items everyone is looking for. We can then ask a few LFS's if they're interested in doing a group buy.

I'd be in for enough stuff to replenish all my tanks. At least a "100 gallon" crew package for instance.

I could do like 30-40 hermits. 20-30 snails of various sorts, maybe an emerald crab or two and peppermint shrimp, sand sifting star.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Would there need to be a minimum size order? I ask because I would only need about 20-25 mix of snails and hermits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, I just bought a cleaner pack from them. I know my fathers tanks needs an entire new crew so he’d be interested.

I can run to Premier at lunch time, they're right around the corner from my office. I also need to stop on Barrett on my way home so I can ask Optimum too.

Happy to add a few needs to the group buy if it helps out.

Just picked up 50 hermits and 20 snails but I’d buy that many more if we do a group buy.

I can run to Premier at lunch time, they're right around the corner from my office. I also need to stop on Barrett on my way home so I can ask Optimum too.

Great that sounds good. Hopefully they can match or get close to the prices I listed above. I bet we have enough interest for a good sized shipment. Let us know!

Back