Group Buy From Biota?

Count Krunk

Market
Reaction score
Hello,

I really need a aiptisia eating filefish from biota. However, I don't want to spend $250 for free shipping and don't want to pay $76 in shipping for my $40 fish. Is anyone interested in doing a group buy?

Thanks,

i know biota is rather clean, i have a YT and a coral beauty from them. I also know they encourage their file fish by giving them aip to eat from a very young age

I want to just weigh in that a file fish took care of my aiptasia. I have to keep him well fed so he doesn't nip at LPS. I would buy it local and QT yourself.

i ended up buying the biota file fish from algae barn. $10 more for the fish $40 less for the shipping. same fish in the end. Thanks all! I have never QT SW fish, just fresh. And i'm not currently at a point to do so.

i ended up buying the biota file fish from algae barn. $10 more for the fish $40 less for the shipping. same fish in the end. Thanks all! I have never QT SW fish, just fresh. And i'm not currently at a point to do so.
Dont forget to QT. Algae Barn is notorious for pests.

Plus their own employees admit they use the term "clean" for marketing and sales, and the term in no way reflects the cleanliness or lack of pests/diseases in their products. And Algae Barn historically hasnt always honored their DOA warranty, even when all proper steps were followed with immediate reporting.

Plus their own employees admit they use the term "clean" for marketing and sales, and the term in no way reflects the cleanliness or lack of pests/diseases in their products. And Algae Barn historically hasnt always honored their DOA warranty, even when all proper steps were followed with immediate reporting.
I’m not in a position to run a successful qt now. The ship date is the second earliest the same fish would ship from biota so I am pretty sure it never actually sits in the algae barn facility, but is rather another website that sells straight from biota as a way for biota to sell more fish.

Algae Barn…I ordered chaeto from them, and it was visibly littered with pests. I told them if I wanted to seed my tank with bristleworms, I would have ordered them. Refused to honor a return request because they felt they were a beneficial addition. Sold as pest free. Unbelievable.

Algae Barn…I ordered chaeto from them, and it was visibly littered with pests. I told them if I wanted to seed my tank with bristleworms, I would have ordered them. Refused to honor a return request because they felt they were a beneficial addition. Sold as pest free. Unbelievable.
Yikes. I have been ordering pods from them. So far I have not noticed any issues, but I will make sure to be extra careful in the future.

Back