growing corals

paul692

Market
Reaction score
i have a 300 watt maxspect razor over a 75 gal. FOWLR it is about 7 years old.i want to grow acroporas .all my parameters alk calcium and nitrates are good. ny question is how high or low do i need to be on the rocks to achieve the best results? what percentage of channel a and b do you use on your lights? thanks

The more info you provide, the better advice can be given.

Example: If you were going to a dating site and said, "I'd like to meet a nice girl that I could maybe marry one day." You would really get a mixed bag of answers. But, if you said, "I'm looking for a college educated professional, age 22-30, likes to keep fit, loves dogs, enjoys watching football, and loves Budda, you would get a better pool to work with based on your specific criteria.

Acro's need very specific parameters to grow and thrive. If you aren't anal, they will most likely leave you disappointed.

ok here we go alk = 9dkh cal= 400 ph=8 nitrates=5 all tested with salifert test kits return pump is 950 gph 22 galon sump with filter sock and downdraft skimmer also run carbon and phosguard and matrix power heads are hydor koralia 750 3 of these but facing mostly up so it does not blow sand all over the place

temp?

and if you can maintain these parameters then all you'll need is 6-8 months of time :)

How often do you feed and do water changes?

For example:
I feed a good bit every day and do a 20% water change weekly. Run GFO, a massive skimmer, small amount of bio pellets, and Calc reactor. I dose baking soda for keeping Alk up. For all this I get great growth and solid stability. Like Seth said, you must be anal or you will likely be disappointed. Mileage will vary and many SPS folks here have different methods for getting it done. Overall patience is the key. Add an acro and get it to grow. Then add another. Play with flow, location, depth, and light. Learn how to use the combinations to your advantage. There is a good start.

Oh. I run 1 x 250w Phoenix DE metal halide with 4 39w t5 bulbs of different blue spectrums.

All on a 65 gallon display tank, 20 gal frag tank, and 35 gallon sump.

Back