Growing Pods

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
If I were to throw some sand in with the rock in my sump would pods thrive and multiply. Obviously what would be missing is Chaeto and a light source to actually have a refugium.

For what it's worth, I still see the occasional pod and I have not added any in the last six months.

AFDANW;944632 wrote: i read on another forum about this idea. you can buy a plastic sign (like a yard sale sign) from Home Depot or lowes, that looks like this on the side http://www.signsforspokane.com/Portals/75467/images//substrate%20coro.gif">http://www.signsforspokane.com/Portals/75467/images//substrate%20coro.gif</a> You can cut this into strips and zip tie them together ( ensure you have 100% plastic ties, some have metal in them). Then you have almost made a little condo/ apartment for pods to live in. Just set up this pod condo in you sump. I have never done it, but i read it and thought it looked like a good idea.[/QUOTE]

That's a neat idea, or you could just add chateo. At least chateo serves more then one purpose. Just my .02 cents.

Didn't someone on here sell copepod cabana's or something like that?

RedStang;944719 wrote: Didn't someone on here sell copepod cabana's or something like that?
Y-NOT is his user name. I think he and his kid make them. I know they used to sell them up at optimum.

Declanisadog;944736 wrote: Y-NOT is his user name. I think he and his kid make them. I know they used to sell them up at optimum.

Indeed.
Still making them.
Wish I had time to dedicate to this but...I'd have to sell them by the truck load before I could even think of dropping my full time gig. :unsure:

And...I got my hand slapped (justifiably so) for pimping them here.
It was not my intent. It just sort of happened after the ARC Auction last year.

If you are looking for one, Optimum (ARC Sponsor) in Kennesaw carries them. Assuming I can keep them stocked up. :confused2:

Y-Not;944813 wrote: Indeed.
Still making them.
Wish I had time to dedicate to this but...I'd have to sell them by the truck load before I could even think of dropping my full time gig. :unsure:

And...I got my hand slapped (justifiably so) for pimping them here.
It was not my intent. It just sort of happened after the ARC Auction last year.

If you are looking for one, Optimum (ARC Sponsor) in Kennesaw carries them. Assuming I can keep them stocked up. :confused2:

Thanks, I'll have to stop by the next time I'm up that way.

RedStang;944829 wrote: Thanks, I'll have to stop by the next time I'm up that way.

I know that they are out of stock at the moment. I'm planning on cranking out a dozen or so today.
If my plan does not get interrupted, then they should have Cabanas-o-plenty by Friday.

AFDANW;944947 wrote: what is a copepod cabana? when you google it you get nothing. Can i see a pic or 2. Will you get your hand slapped since i am requesting a pic?

Since my posting the pic was not banned, I guess it's okay that send you a link.

showthread.php

RedStang;944829 wrote: Thanks, I'll have to stop by the next time I'm up that way.

It does not look as if I'll be able to get any Cabanas to Optimum until someday next week.
This silly job of mine keeps getting in the way of what I really want to do. :doh:

That's a neat idea, or you could just add chateo. At least chateo serves more then one purpose. Just my .02 cents.

Chaeto would need a light source wouldn't it? Refugium lighting is not something I can spend on right now. I basically want to have a pod population to help get through the summer travel season without the neighbor overfeeding.

Back