Growing strands from Zoa Frag?

rdana24

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello! Picked up my first zoa frag about a week and a half ago (type unknown). I dipped Coral RX per the instructions, and everything has been seemingly good.

In just the last few days, these "strands" seem to be growing from two different sides of the frag--although those on the right side (pictured) are the most pronounced. Any thoughts? Then, once ID'd...pest, friend, or irrelevant?

IMG_7432.jpgIMG_7435.jpegIMG_7434.jpeg

IMO - algae - pull the plug, scrape it off with a sharp knife.

If I was concerned about it I'd soak the whole plug in half Hydrogen Peroxide/ half tank water. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RESEARCH FIRST.

When I was routinely doing this to zoas - they never died - they may close up for a few hours - maybe a day - but they alway survived and any plant/algae material was gone.

IMO - algae - pull the plug, scrape it off with a sharp knife.

If I was concerned about it I'd soak the whole plug in half Hydrogen Peroxide/ half tank water. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RESEARCH FIRST.

When I was routinely doing this to zoas - they never died - they may close up for a few hours - maybe a day - but they alway survived and any plant/algae material was gone.
Thank you!

Back