Growing Zoa's question

roundman

Market
Reaction score
Why do some multiply faster than others? I have some sitting right next to each other and some are going crazy and some are just happy. Are there different strains or what?

dawg i just got some a week ago not even how long do you think it will take them to grow? they look happy right now they are wide open and i feed each one.

My red zoas seem to do beautifully in my tank, any others just kind of wither away. I have wondered if they A.) Don't like the PC lighting or B.) Don't like the amount of skimming I do.

Wasn't really troubleshooting my issue, just making an observation. Everyone will be moving to new digs soon with metal halides instead of PC. When I get them moved and acclimated, I'll pick up some more zoas and see if they do better.. Everyone is currently in a 37-gallon with 2-96W 10Ks and 2-96W multifreq Actinics (thinking 760 and 720). They seemed to do better under straight 760 Actinics.

I run two small skimmers in the sump full-time with good production (they can output 30-40 oz a week). The xenia can't grow in my tank. The Kenya's exist but don't thrive.

Back