Grrr so mad... dead duncan

ronnieblaze

Market
Reaction score
so i come home late from work to find that my duncan frag is missing its head... it looks like my giant hermit the one i call Hitler decided to eat it like he does to all my other snails!...

im so pissed my frag was growing very nicely too

heh only reason i call him hitler is because he decided to kill all my snails for no reaon

I understand the desire not to needlessly kill him... it didn't do anything against its nature. Big hermits are just not reef safe. I think you should consider giving him to a LFS or in the alternative eat him. Texas BBQ style crab is amazing... :)

FutureInterest;150458 wrote: I understand the desire not to needlessly kill him... it didn't do anything against its nature. Big hermits are just not reef safe. I think you should consider giving him to a LFS or in the alternative eat him. Texas BBQ style crab is amazing... :)

mental note: Korean BBQ at Jin's house is a baaaaad idea :yuk:

Tim at keen reef had ducan heads at around $20 a head i believe check with him to make sure he still has them.

I was going to make a joke, but in good taste I think it better I don't :D .

If you have a sump, through him in there... That's what I did to me Anemone crab... that is until I forgot about him:unsure: I found mi weeks later... poor terrorist, he had lost both claws and both anemones... So I put him back in the tank, because he was harmless :thumbs:

Harleyguy;150584 wrote:
If you have a sump, through him in there... That's what I did to me Anemone crab... that is until I forgot about him:unsure: I found mi weeks later... poor terrorist, he had lost both claws and both anemones... So I put him back in the tank, because he was harmless :thumbs:

Are anemone crabs not reef-safe? I have a porcelain crab and he is no problem, I just hardly ever see him. I was under the understanding that anemone crabs (the kind they call pom-pom crabs, right?), are similar to porcelain crabs in general behavior.

What did yours do that was so bad? If he's anything like hermit crabs I will steer clear -- hermits are murderous little beasts.

Soarin';150700 wrote: Are anemone crabs not reef-safe? I have a porcelain crab and he is no problem, I just hardly ever see him. I was under the understanding that anemone crabs (the kind they call pom-pom crabs, right?), are similar to porcelain crabs in general behavior.

What did yours do that was so bad? If he's anything like hermit crabs I will steer clear -- hermits are murderous little beasts.

I'm calling it an anemone crab (that could be the wrong name) it was a huge hermit that had 2 small anemones growing on it's shell...

Back