GSP looking bad?

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I noticed last night my GSP (I have two bunches) in one spot was like purple-looking as if it had gone away and only its 'roots' remained. The other patch of GSP looks great. should I be worried?? I don't mind losing the GSP that much, but I have read elsewhere that they are kinda indicators that something bad may happen (they are the first to go). The only thing I can think of that may have happened is yesterday morning I manually added some top off water that was right in its area and it was ICE cold, literally. It had a few pieces of ice in it from being outside overnight. I didn't think it mattered since I was adding like 4g to a 135g tank-? I am thinking doing a WC?-? any thoughts?

When GSP retracts its polyps it is purple underneath. They will do that quite regularly if disturbed. I doubt there is anything wrong with them and they will opn back up.

Both my GSP close up at night. I always added cold water to the tank for top off and never had a problem.

Are they coming out this morning?

Mine retracts sometimes at night and opens back up in the morning, i would not worry unless it has been a few days

thx. guys-I apparently jumped the gun---GSP is opened up like normal and looking great--! It's being whipped around by my new MP40 I installed today-lol;

Back