Guess I can say OOps now

wolfie

Market
Reaction score
Got the G2 in the mail yesterday and after some driving I was able to make a Gate Vale mod. So it time to install the skimmer into the sump. Guess what? I would not fix :boo:

So happy that the skimmer come in yesterday
000_0098.jpg
alt="" />

I am even happier with they mod I made.
000_0102.jpg
alt="" />

Blah never thought I am going to have this kind of a problem.
000_0099.jpg
alt="" />

I make sure the skimmer will sit in the Sump with enough room to move around, but I never even thought that I got to make sure it will go into the Sump.
Man I got some more work to do .

If that make you laught then this going to make you laught till you dead.
Talk about road block :(
This G2 come purly made and was spelling water and bubble out at the top :(
The Oring that suppose to stop this from happen does not do it work. I should had send it back, but I have silicone handy so I guess I can just shield it. :(
I should have test it first before I put it in :(
000_0110.jpg
alt="" />
000_0111.jpg
alt="" />
000_0113.jpg
alt="" />

Now I got to waited atleast an hour for it to dry :(

I had to take the water out of the sump and move the sump to 1 side. I got just enough space to get the skimmer into the side of the stand then slide the skimmer between the stand and the sump. After all said and done I move the Sump back to where I want it and refill it back up.

lol now it a nightmare and not a better laught? Sorry to give you a nighmare :D

Well I thought I post my mistake so other can learn form it, or atleast stop them from feeling bad when they make a mistake or 2.

Wolfie- why is the gate valve so high? Even with it wide open, it will still mandate the water level in the skimmer body to be way high. If I understand right, this is why you have water spilling out the neck.

Good catch, that Gate vale was too high. It was my first DIY and I make a small mistake :p I lower it already.

The water was not spill over the Cup. It never make it that far up.

This is where the water was comming out.
000_0103.jpg
alt="" />

AS you can see the Cup are still a few Inch higher.
000_0109.jpg
alt="" />

Like I said. this G2 come purely made.

yeah wolfie im with barbra it is a name brand skimmer and comes with a warrenty ...so use it and get a new one and tell them your not sending theres back tell they send you a new one

I hated wait and I already waited long enough to get it in the first place. The silicone did the trick and I am happy.

I should had make it clear. ASM are purely make compair with Octopus skimmer.

Back