Guess its time to buy a new RO/DI system - What do you use

reefknight

Market
Reaction score
Well after attempting to replace my filters in my existing unit and finding that 3 of 4 of the canisters are cracked in the threads, I guess its time to buy a new unit. I tried stopping the leaks with teflon tape, no joy there. Also figured that I need a new membrane, so I'm looking at $100 just for those parts. An extra $100 equals new unit and a filter change in the future as well.

I have a unit produced by Purely H20 and it wasn't a bad unit, but the company has changed hands and customer service leaves something to be desired now. So looking into other manufactures. I have a 5 stage currently running sediment>catalytic carbon>carbon block>75gpd>DI, looking for something similar.

Who's happy with their RO/DI system and what unit is it?

Everybody here hit the nail on the head. I have a 75gpd Bulk Reef Supply RO/DI unit and added the "150gpd Water Saving Upgrade Kit." It doubled the output of my clean water, while keeping the waste water at the same level (or there abouts.)

Definitely the way to go.

Hadn't thought about adding a second membrane. How long are the dual membranes lasting? Also does anyone run dual DI?

db366;744299 wrote: If you can jump into a BRS group buy the 75 gpd on is only 100 bucks.

I was in one before and get the preferred pricing through them, its like 5% off the normal price. Does anyone know of a group buy in progress?

Though I am seriously considering a Typhoon 3. I understand that their units are quite nice and that Extreme is a beast!

You should also check out Buckeye Field supply, they have top notch units and Russ is the MAN.

Well after a lot of deliberating and some more research I ended up pulling the trigger on a AWI Typhoon 3 Extreme. Should be here on Thursday and I can get back to making water!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!

Back