gurgling drain

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a drain line stop "gurgling?" I have a "T" outside of the tank-one going down to sump and the other slightly going up with a cap that has a hole drilled in it-any solutions?

try putting a valve on the hole at the top of the drain to adjust the amount of air going in to reduce the noise

but I need the MAX water going in--is that just a problem Im gonna have to contend with?

I had to make the hole bigger. I had the gurgle / flushing toilet sound too. I only have a problem when the salt creep fills up the hole and I have to pour a little water in it to clear it out and then I'm good.

I'll make the hole bigger--I know it's not full of salt, being I just made it Wed. this week-, but I'll try that--thanks

I just set it up (right) this week--so--don't know--it's not that bad, really--just kinda annoying sometimes

RO tubing stuff and the valve to make it adjustable... home depot would prolly sell the valve... they definitly have the tubing

yeap..you adjust it so that just the right amount of air flows in to the pipe thus reducing the gurgle..this way you can drain all the water you want..

Getting to the base of the problem... why do you need the MAX flow through the pipe? Generally speaking it is not good to max out a pipes flow in an aquarium.

I've got a mag 12 pump and I didn't really want to close it down any with the valve, but why is it bad to have max flow through a pipe??

Back