Gyre Cross Flow

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a 6’ tank with corner over flows. Distance between the overflows and glass is about 10.75”.
I’m looking for wave pump ideas. I like the cross flow pumps but not sure they make one that will work. So open to other wave maker setups. Ideas appreciated!

You can also mount them vertically. That's what i did on my 90g bowfront because i did not have enough room to go horizontal

Same. It doesn’t have the same cool waves at the top, but it’s better for flow overall IMO. Especially if the tanks tall, IE standard 55s.

The Maxspect XF-330 may fit your application, at 10.5 inches wide. Two of them set up horizontally at either end could pump 31x’s your volume, assuming a 150 gal. tank. If you programmed them in opposing cycles the pattern would sweep back & forth, end to end. The gyre flow pattern often ends up being more efficient in such applications.

I would add a couple MP-40’s on the back wall and run it all through an Apex, to get the desired effect.

GYRE XF-330 PUMP SPECIFICATIONS​

Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.5" x 2.6" x 1.3"
Max Flow Rate: 2350gph
Power Consumption: 8w-35w
Ideal for Aquariums: 25 -120gal

The Maxspect XF-330 may fit your application, at 10.5 inches wide. Two of them set up horizontally at either end could pump 31x’s your volume, assuming a 150 gal. tank. If you programmed them in opposing cycles the pattern would sweep back & forth, end to end. The gyre flow pattern often ends up being more efficient in such applications.

I would add a couple MP-40’s on the back wall and run it all through an Apex, to get the desired effect.

GYRE XF-330 PUMP SPECIFICATIONS​

Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.5" x 2.6" x 1.3"
Max Flow Rate: 2350gph
Power Consumption: 8w-35w
Ideal for Aquariums: 25 -120gal
Thanks, is XF 330 Wi-Fi. I guess what I’m asking will the two pumps talk to each other

They come with a 2 pump controller.
Alternately, you can interface them into an Apex & coordinate patterns with other pumps.
A 3rd option would be to use the CoralVue Wave Engine, which according to our resident EEngineer Carl Cliche, “is the shiznick!”

Back