Had my first jumper today...

nickh06

Market
Reaction score
Came home and fed the fish and couldn't find my bi-color blenny. He is usually front and center when I stand in front of the tank. Come to find out he jumped out and landed behind the tank. Stiff as a board :dead1:

First time I have ever given any thought about getting a screen or something for the top of the tank... Does anyone use one?

LSU_fishFan;1010085 wrote: I have a screen on my 60 rimless, lost a pair of clowns before I put it on.

looks like they are pretty easy to build, what kind of screen did you use?

I use black eggcrate. This was after I lost my longnose hawkfish..

With egg crate you will reduce the amount of light your DT is getting compared to a nylon screen.

If you have your measurements, Pure Reef will build you one right on the spot!

I use a frame with the screen on my 60 rimless too. I leave it off on occasion when I'm home but generally leave it on as I get too nervous with a fire fish and 2 wrasses plus the other fish.

I lost my Blenny the same way only it jumped thru the feeding area of my canopy!!
I just made one in a panic for my QT. Got everything from Home Depot, frame, screen, tool & corner inserts for less than $25 with left overs.

It's all in a section on the back wall, easy to find and easy to make.

My eggcrate is not under my lights. But it will restrict some light other wise

Yeah, I think I am going to use screen instead of egg crate. Also going to make one for each side since I have a large center brace across my 90

Back