hair algae

wmboots

Market
Reaction score
New one for me, woke up this moring to find I have a hair algae outbreak. Just did a 15% water change a few days ago and the only thing new I added is a green zoa frag.
Whats the best way to get rid of it, buy more snails and cleaners? It isn't bad yet but it's there want to keep it from taking over the tank. Phospates are good trates are a bit hight everything else seems ok.:unsure:

how old is the tank? took me forever to get mine down. actually after moving back up here from savannah and adding a tuxedo urchin. my problem was almost elimanted except for a few places.

thought sail fin tang and powder blue would keep alot of it out and may have been up until now.

sea hare worked for me. They are funny to watch looked like a horse eating hay.( I had a lot aof hair algae)

I got rid of mine by scrubbing with a toothbrush and siphoning.
My tank is 0-for-3 with sea hares and snails are just amisements for my hermits.
hope ths helps!

Bill I think you should just give me the tank so I can get it out. JK
I scrub mine off with a brush and let the skimmer get it.
I have 5 tangs and a flame angel and it still grows in my tank.

Brazillian would ask how much but your too far away.
Jason - Bite Me Wait now that I think about it I will sell it to you for $10,000 and that includes stand, canopy, sump/refugium, lights, rock and inhabitants.
:yay:
I scrubbed mine after I posted this morning but just looking for a way to not have to do that every few days. :yuk:

Hey Jason think I should tell Jeff and Mike where that royaltie money went?

Back