Halide heat concern

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Another question for the halide experts.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 14px;">I have a 4x250 t5 halide fixture. My tank has 2 braces. While the bulbs are not <u>directly</u> over the braces…there is some over lapping. I have fired the lights up a few times and the braces definitely get hot. I placed a couple of fans up there and it helps but still make me nervous.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Is there any other way to protect these braces from halide heat? </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Or did I make a mistake in this fixture purchase. :bash2:</span></span>

Honestly, you can wrap them in foil (ask Mojo about this saga), but as Ares said, unless you are seeing browning/discoloring, and warping, dont sweat it.

I thought about that. Looks kind funny though:confused2:.

But thats the kind of solution I am looking for.

What other heat resistant materials might work???

you can pick up some thermal tape from an autopart store also and just layer that on top of the braces. They would be able to take 1200 degreese that way. you could set the halide lamp on it!

Back