Hang on Back Protein Skimmer

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
AquaMaxx HOB-1 Hang-On-Back Protein Skimmer by AquaMaxx. Does anyone have this protein skimmer? If so, do you like it? What are you thoughts on this brand of HOB protein skimmer?

What other type of HOB protein skimmer do you have? What size aquarium? Tell me what you like/dislike of the protein skimmer you are using.

Wannabee

I'm using a cpr bak pak, I'm new to the hobby so it's hard to say if it's good or bad because I don't have much to compare it to. The only things I can offer is, it's pretty large. (I have a 20gal)so it sticks up a lot on top. It's a bit noise if you don't get it balanced just right. It's very particular, I'm constantly tweaking it to get it to skim, but from what I've read that's common. It's nice that its got another section to allow for additional bio filters if you want.

I've used the AquaC Remora and the Super Skimmer 65 in the past. They both worked I liked the Aquac better even though it took up more intank space with the added skim basket.
Other than those I've always used in sump.

Declanisadog;1020736 wrote: I've used a remora as well and was pretty happy with it.

It was on a very heavily stocked 24gallon aquapod. I'll see if I can dig up a pic

Thanks for the inputs so far. Anyone else want to chime in with their experience with any HOB protein skimmers. Please include any likes/dislikes about your skimmer. Include the brand and model number you used. Do you recommend your particular protein skimmer?

Wannabee

I have both the HOB-1 and also the HOB Cone-S.  Both work really well, but the Cone-S one is a lot better.  It also takes up a lot more space however.

Back