Hanna checkers

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
Are they worth it? How do they compare as far as ease of use with other test like Salifert?

I've only used API, seachem and these but I use them exclusively for ca and alk.
Alk test is laughably quick, probably under a minute. I like having an exact digital readout and keep a spreadsheet to track my daily consumption. I'm a big fan really.

Do they have some sort of regent that has to be replaced eventually or do they use a phobe?

I'm really clueless about them but interested in speeding up my testing if possible and not having to try to guess on a color chart.

Yes you will need to re-up on the reagents. $10-20 each time depending on the test. Think they're good for 25 tests typically.

I use one for PO4. Very easy to use and I assume quite accurate +-.03. They are easy to use with the exception of getting the powder from the packet into the little vial. They could do better on that. But I would recommend it.

Mikesmith34;969403 wrote: I use one for PO4. Very easy to use and I assume quite accurate +-.03. They are easy to use with the exception of getting the powder from the packet into the little vial. They could do better on that. But I would recommend it.

Yes, the dang powder. They should do little round pixie stix kinda thing... would be so much easier. Just rip off the top and it slides right out.

tonymission;969411 wrote: Yes, the dang powder. They should do little round pixie stix kinda thing... would be so much easier. Just rip off the top and it slides right out.

This is a awesome idea! Send this to hanna

Hanna has a Youtube video on how to pour reagent from the packets... It's pretty easy to do once I saw the video.

Just recently got my calcium/alkalinity hannah's; sure as hell beats doing this every time....
redsea_pro-14.jpg
alt="" />

oldedb;969555 wrote: Hanna has a Youtube video on how to pour reagent from the packets... It's pretty easy to do once I saw the video.

Thanks I'll check that out!

Back