Hanna Phosphate checker

Gdel

Supporting
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that if you test phosphate twice with the Hanna checker (same sample) that the results decline slightly with the second test? Which one should we consider most accurate? The results seem to level off after the second test. Thanks!

I have tested them back to back to back, and really had no issue. Are you using a LR or ULR? I tested several times in a row, but, I cleaned the vials out with their cleaner and RO/DI water in between each test. I always test a tester with a 3-peat test back to back as it tells me something about the tester. It doesn't matter if its a Hanna, GHL , or Trident. ;)

Their is always a margin of error. On the ULR its .03. So when I test and see a reading of .03-.05 I always dose NeoPhos to raise it.

I’m using the ULR… if the margin of error is .03 then that might explain it. I’ve been taking the average of a couple readings so I think my results are close enough.

I’m using the ULR… if the margin of error is .03 then that might explain it. I’ve been taking the average of a couple readings so I think my results are close enough.
I have always taken into account the margin of error. On the Hanna P04 ULR its .03, which is why I dose NeoPhos if I see anything around a .03 reading.

Back