Harlequin Shrimp and Asterina

rhodan

Market
Reaction score
I have some asterina starfish in my 180 gal. It's not a major problem, yet, but I know sometime soon I will need to irradicate the little boggers. But before I go out and get a Harlequin, I already have 3 cleaner shrimp and a fire shirmp and fairly large bristle sea star in the tank....Do I need to remove them first before I get a Harlequin shirmp?

If that is case....Does anyone know where to pickup a harlequin locally at a good price?

grey bottoms they should be fine(VERY few eat corals), brown bottoms are bad news.

The Harlequin will make quick work of the small astrenias and then die if you do not feed it starfish (chocolate chip, etc.) on a regular basis. I went through it. It is difficult (It was for me) to purchase a live starfish and then chop off the arms to feed to the Harlequin.

I usually keep these in stock. Actually, I have one in stock now. it is $32.

Thanks,
Tim

AWESOME!! Tim, I will give you a call Monday or Tuesday next week..(If I can remember) to see if you still have it. Right now I would say it is not a plaque level of asterina but knowing you carry harlequins makes me feel more relaxed.

Darren, :eek: I know you said it will make quick work of the tiny asterinas, but 180gal tank with over 200 lbs of rock, lots of stars, lots of places to hide. How long is quick work? Cause I'm with you about cutting up a live chocolate chip, that would be difficult. But mother nature can be brutal sometimes.

Back