Has anyone ever used this combination?

Are you talking about using bacteria in a bottle? I've seen some YouTube videos of people doing it and their tanks turn out fine. But I personally haven't done it. I've always had seeded rocks and substrate.

I used live sand and some live rock. I used bio spera ghost feed until I had ammonia and less than a week was reading 0

Fritz industries pioneered the culture & marketing of nitrifying bacteria years ago. They remain the largest supplier to the wastewater industry, as I recall.

I’ve used their products successfully a number of times. My 125 with dry sand and rock cycled in 7 days using Frtzzyme #9.

They now have a Turbo Start product, which ships fresh from their plant and is supposed to allow instantaneous addition of fish. I believe it just has more bacteria in the bottle.

There are a number of other brands, including Dr Tim’s, Prodibio, Bio-Spira, Brightwell, SeaChem, etc. which have all yielded success cycling marine tanks.

So, while a lot of companies claim to have ‘the secret sauce’, I wonder? There don’t appear to be any controlled trials and they make claims without providing validated data.

Fritz industries pioneered the culture & marketing of nitrifying bacteria years ago. They remain the largest supplier to the wastewater industry, as I recall.

I’ve used their products successfully a number of times. My 125 with dry sand and rock cycled in 7 days using Frtzzyme #9.

They now have a Turbo Start product, which ships fresh from their plant and is supposed to allow instantaneous addition of fish. I believe it just has more bacteria in the bottle.

There are a number of other brands, including Dr Tim’s, Prodibio, Bio-Spira, Brightwell, SeaChem, etc. which have all yielded success cycling marine tanks.

So, while a lot of companies claim to have ‘the secret sauce’, I wonder? There don’t appear to be any controlled trials and they make claims without providing validated data.

that last statement is true. that's why some members on R2R did a cycling chemical-in-a-bottle experiment some time ago and i was surprised by how well Bio-Spira worked, plus it can be found in Petco.

that last statement is true. that's why some members on R2R did a cycling chemical-in-a-bottle experiment some time ago and i was surprised by how well Bio-Spira worked, plus it can be found in Petco.

My problem with that is, we don’t cycle in bottles.

Ex:
What was the dilution ratio?
My guess is, if we designed an experiment to normalize for the beginning numbers of bacteria, these products would likely perform very close to one another.

Back