Having a bad day

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I had to move some corals away from my BTA while it is on the move and after moving a piece of rock with some zoas from the BTA's path I saw THIS looking out at me from hole in the live rock...this can't be good. It
s about two inches long and looks pretty frekin mean.... any idea on what it is?? I already know it needs to come out!

BZ
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
143794=8976-reef-critter-02-25-08-01.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
143794=8976-reef-critter-02-25-08-01.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="reef-critter-02-25-08-01.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ha! I'm afraid to go near the thing! The problem is that the creature is in one of my big base rocks and there is no way to get it out with out tearing down the rock work... d'oH!!! I wonder if I could bait him out and trap him some how. I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow.
BZ

you can get a critter trap put food in it they can go in but not out it might jst work ....picture a small version of a fish trap

You could try some C4, although it's a little messy. Have plenty of towels and a mop handy. :crazy:

looks pretty nasty for sure. If you do kill, it dont let Tnyga find out, she has been giving Zanski heck for killing his Mantis.

HA
j/k :D

Big D;144181 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">That's funny... :lol2: poor </span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Russ.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Big D</span>

Must be the Pink Goatee lol :yay:

Remind me to do something mean to Natty, Im sure SHE didnt mean it lol

Bob...easily fixed. Use some reef epoxy and seal off his hole. You even could epoxy a frag there to block it. It will eventually die.

tnyga;144184 wrote: Must be the Pink Goatee lol :yay:

Remind me to do something mean to Natty, Im sure SHE didnt mean it lol

My bad Russ. Just realized it even says your name under your tag... :doh:

Well, tonight while I feed my fish I dangled a piece of shrimp by the critters hole... a very large evil looking arm with black pincers greedily took the shrimp back in to the hole. The pick at the top of this thread is the claw of this thing and I am guessing it must be about three inches big since th claw itself was almost an inch or two inches! I thnnk it is one of the nasty Xanthis species and I want it gone!!!!
xanthid3.jpg
alt="" />

BZ

Last night I baited a trap to try and catch the Xanthid sp. crab in my 70G. I watched it for a couple of hours but the crab did not leave his hole, probably because I fed it a huge piece of shrimp earlier in the day to try and see the dang thing. I did catch three of my Nassarius snails which was pretty cool since I haven't seen any for months and I thought they were all dead! I'll try again tonight at lights out.

BZ

Back