Having a controller problem!

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
I have an ACjr, and this past week I have been having a problem with it. The different circuits on the DC8 seem to be 'locking' into the on position. So the controller turns them ON for whatever reason, but when it tries to turn them off, they get 'stuck' on. So far I have had to manually override them to reset them, but this morning the heaters are stuck on and I cannot get teh DC8 to 'unstick' and shut them off. Any ideas?

I have had this problem before, but ths past week it seems to have happened several times, once with lights, once with the fan, and now the heaters.

If it was a RKII I would know why... It is a common problem with the RKII.

theplatypus;241398 wrote: Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Yes. They havent called back yet.

Brandon, what caused it in the RKII?

corvettecris;241408 wrote: Yes. They havent called back yet.

Brandon, what caused it in the RKII?

DA wont tell you. They just have you send it in to be repaired. They are secretive.

I have heard secondhand that the D8 modules are subject to a lot of interference from other electionics. I dont know iof thats true or not, but it is what Ive heard.

Like external electronics, or ones directly running through the DC8?

I'm not sure if they'd accept mine ot be repaired anyways... I have modded it very slightly with an fuse case that is WAY more accessible than the original..

corvettecris;241419 wrote: Like external electronics, or ones directly running through the DC8?

I'm not sure if they'd accept mine ot be repaired anyways... I have modded it very slightly with an fuse case that is WAY more accessible than the original..

I have heard external devices- ie- televisions, fans, etc, can cause the interference that confusies the x8's. But I am as savvy with electronics as I am with photogrpahy, so dont take my work for it.

I thought that issue was only with the X10 modules that used wireless tech.....? I am pretty sure you shouldn't have that issue with anything plugged directly into the DC-8. I would PM Curt over at RC or email him.

46bfinga;241447 wrote: I thought that issue was only with the X10 modules that used wireless tech.....? I am pretty sure you shouldn't have that issue with anything plugged directly into the DC-8. I would PM Curt over at RC or email him.

See, I told you I an electrical genius. I was confusing the X10 with the DC8. I suck. I gonna shut up now and stay where I belong.

If this is an older unit, this is a known issue I believe and must be sent in to be fixed. Curt will usually take care of you if you call.

Yeah, I'm talking to him right now. I somehow have to get the serial number off of the thing...(and it's packed in there..)

Back