Having trouble with electric connection

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I have 3 reflectors. The 400w bulb w/ reflector is doing fine. My 250w bulbs with reflectors won't turn on by themselfs. The one on the left will somtimes turn on by itself and when it doesn't you just have to give it a tap and it will turn on. The 250 on the right will not turn on easily. It never turns on by itself and you have to spend 30 min rotating the bulb around in the socket befor it will turn on, most times I can't even get it to turn on :yawn:. I'm thinking there is somthing that isn't letting an electric connection from the socket to the bulb. I know almost nothing about this stuff so I don't know how to fix it. Should I just get a new socket/reflector thing?

OK try this. Unplug your fixture. Remove the bulbs. Use a light weight sandpaper or emory cloth and use it to polish the inside of the socket, use an exacto blade to scrape clean any contacts. Carefully do the same thing to the bulbs. This should iliminate any corrosion or dirt from the electrical connection between the bulbs and the socket. Put bulbs back in and try the light fixture if it now works great.

If you still have to tap bulbs to make them fire the bulbs themselves could be bad. Hope this helps.

Back