He commited SUICIDE

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
my six line JUMPED out the tank. i was wondering why i hadn't seen him in a while but i figured that he was hiding in the rocks some where. i looked at the base of the tank and there he was all shriveled up like a prune

That sucks. Look closely at the pictures of my tank and you can see that I have it "jumper-proof". When you come over I will show you what I mean so that you will never loose a fish over the top or over and into the overflows.
The material that I use is Gutter Guard from Home Depot or Lowes. It is plastic mesh and will keep fish and critters in the tank/display area.
Again sorry that you lost your SixLine. :(

what else can i use to eat bristle worms? i heard an arrow crab do they work? or should i just wait and when i put the new tank up get nother sixline. i was starting to like him too. he added nice color to the tank i was going to get some of the toher wrasses. i just bought a clam today and need the wrasse that eats the worms that bother clams

Sorry for your loss man....that is one of my favorite fish. I say figure out a way to jump proof it and get another one.

JustOneMoreTank;127351 wrote: That sucks. Look closely at the pictures of my tank and you can see that I have it "jumper-proof". When you come over I will show you what I mean so that you will never loose a fish over the top or over and into the overflows.
The material that I use is Gutter Guard from Home Depot or Lowes. It is plastic mesh and will keep fish and critters in the tank/display area.
Again sorry that you lost your SixLine. :(

How did you go about jump proofing the tank....can you post pics?

when i get my new tank i am going to get me, someone let me know if htey will all live peacefully together

six line
yellow
christmas
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
127630=7771-christmas wrasse.jpg
>
127630=7771-christmas wrasse.jpg
class="gc-images" title="christmas wrasse.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
127630=7769-six line wrasse.jpg
>
127630=7769-six line wrasse.jpg
class="gc-images" title="six line wrasse.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
127630=7770-yellow wrasse.jpg
>
127630=7770-yellow wrasse.jpg
class="gc-images" title="yellow wrasse.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

sorry for your loss ....i am planning a wrasse tank but i guess its hit or miss man i say just add them all at the same time and they should be ok

JGoal55,
Here is a picture of the back of my tank. I bought some really cheap plastic Gutter Guard at HomeDepot or Lowes. It is black and it comes in a roll. Use zip ties (also called plastic electrical ties) to put multiple pieces together to form a barrier to prevent any fish from escaping. I used a staple gun to attach the edges of the plastic netting/material to the wooden hood.

S5030010.jpg
alt="" />

You cannot see this in the picture but I also have the Gutter Guard material covering over the two overflows. This keeps snails and fish from getting into the overflows.
This works great and I never lost a fish to jumping ever!

THANKS....pretty cool....I guessed I missed the part where you said you had a canopy. It totally makes sense to block out the back of the canopy and I will definitely do that come canopy time......I thought that you didnt have a canopy and so I was wondering how you attached the gutter guard to the actual tank without it looking bad or without blocking light.

Thanks again for th pic....thats a really easy and cheap solution to suicide fish. Much cheaper than paying for their therapy and/or replacement.:D

Back