Healthy fish and MP60s

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
Yesterday during one feeding an otherwise healthy 4.5" naso got stuck against an mp60. It literally couldn't get itself off on its own. I've seen others report losing fish to a powerhead and always chalked it up to fish that were already unhealthy or dead. I've been doing this for a very long time and never saw that happen in my tanks. The naso is doing great since I caught it right away. Granted MP60s are strong and the fish prolly just made a mistake and got too close during the feeding frenzy... But it was still surprising to me that a healthy fish could end up like that. Just throwing that out there.

Someone in the ARC lost a small Harlequin Tusk (as I recall it) due to an MP40 starting up suddenly by way of Apex programming. The Tusk apparently sought refuge inside the wet side cage and got mangled doing so.

He's great. Even right after he went right back to darting around grabbing food. He had a few marks that looked like hickies from the pump cage though. Still doing well this morning.

I’m sorry to hear that brother. But happy that he is OK now!

i’ve never been a fan of the “if he was healthy, then there would never be an issue“ argument. However I do acknowledge that unhealthy fish are significantly more likely to have such occurrences. But stuff happens, and we all have our limitations

hopefully, in your case it is just “the wrong place at the wrong time”

Yesterday during one feeding an otherwise healthy 4.5" naso got stuck against an mp60. It literally couldn't get itself off on its own. I've seen others report losing fish to a powerhead and always chalked it up to fish that were already unhealthy or dead. I've been doing this for a very long time and never saw that happen in my tanks. The naso is doing great since I caught it right away. Granted MP60s are strong and the fish prolly just made a mistake and got too close during the feeding frenzy... But it was still surprising to me that a healthy fish could end up like that. Just throwing that out there.

Surprised that big ole Naso got stuck, he’s a hoss... although MP60’s are insane powerful. Glad you were there to intervene! I wonder If one of the nem guards would have helped out. You might be able to print a couple up to give them a shot.

Surprised that big ole Naso got stuck, he’s a hoss... although MP60’s are insane powerful. Glad you were there to intervene! I wonder If one of the nem guards would have helped out. You might be able to print a couple up to give them a shot.
Nah bro the fat blonde naso would eat its way out of the mp60, the one that got stuck is 1/6 of his size.

I’m worried about my Copperband. He gets over in the area of one of my MP40’s and I can see him kicking it trying to get out. He’s made it every time so far, just worried there’ll be that one time that he doesn’t. I run them on expanding pulse, not sure if that messes him up or not seeing as how the intervals are constantly changing.

I had a blenny that would dart in the motionless wetside of an MP40 every time I'd turn it off for any reason. I think I blended him a total of 3 times without much negative effect. The first time was the worse because I didn't know what all the racket was the but the next 2x I knew what had happened as soon as I started the powerhead up. I know to look for him and did it MOST of the time and he ended up living a ripe old age and vanishing of his own accord and turning into what I assume was CUC food.

Back