Heater crapped out?

taftonomos

Market
Reaction score
Well darnint, it's still fighting me :)

My brand new Jalisco titanium 300 watt heater just stopped working. It's got a weird burn/hot-spot looking thing on it's side, like it was left out of the water....only it wasnt. It's wired up with a Ranco temp controller.

Anyone ever delt with jalisco before, or have any knowledge of their product. I thought they were pretty good. I also have 2 more 500 watters for the frag tank, but I would hate for those to burn up. Thats about 120 in heaters between the 3.

I don't know a whole lot-but maybe your temp. controller is screwing it up?

Not sure how/why. I've used Ranco's before, and I double checked the wiring. It's just a relay, and it supplies power when told to, and shuts it off when told to. You can hear the relay click on when I supply power, but the heater is dead :(

hey ..Ive just had a heater screw up...and I did some research...I thought about getting one of the titaniums but I found out that the ranco type device that comes with them, is verry often found to go bad and not read accurate at all. but I would involve the manufactuers of the heater about the warrenty.

It's actually made by Jalli.

The Ranco controller is probably one of the better temp controllers out there. Where are you getting the info that the controller doesn't read the temp accuratly ? Controller says tank is 70, backup ther confirms it. Unless the water was boiling from being to hot, I don't see how the controller would have burned up the heater. It's just a relay

Back