Heater recommendations

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
I haven't needed a heater for the past 7 years, since I downsized, the 60g is getting a tad cold...73. I know with winter starting, it's going to get colder. Who has any recommendations on a good heater for roughly 70g of water volume. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobalt neotherm. As a bonus, there are acouple of sponsors I know that carry them for less than online.

Either the Eheim Jager (glass) or the Cobalt Neo (plastic).

Two smaller heaters are better than one over-sized one.

Jenn

Def agree with you guys. I always ran 2 vs 1. Thanks for the heater recommendations.

glxtrix;995548 wrote: Def agree with you guys. I always ran 2 vs 1. Thanks for the heater recommendations.

Oh and im a fan of colbat units. They have the temp sensor. I have 2 hooked to apex so have 2 fail safes.

kevinathom;995577 wrote: What size would you recommend for 70 gal system - two 50 want units?

I've got a 75 gal +sump and have a 100 & 75 watt. If buying new I'd get 2, 75 watt for your size tank.

I've used the aqueon pro line since I found them. the one cobalt I had seemed to work nice though. hated the marineland ones not sure why. I also wasnt particularly a fan of my eheim jager. hahaha I guess I'm just picky though!

Seems like everyone I talk to says the same two heaters. I ended up getting the Cobalt Neo. Guess we'll see how they do...thanks everyone for the advice!

freezerrat;995517 wrote: Cobalt neotherm. As a bonus, there are acouple of sponsors I know that carry them for less than online.

Who are the sponsors? I am looking for a Cobalt heater as well.

I switched to Eheim Jager for my 60 cube and am very happy. Any other heater brand I've tried has either died or stuck on seemingly in just a month or two.

This sounds crazy but what I did was not add a heat to the tank, but rather added a space heater next to my tank. It kept the surrounding area around the tank warm enough that I did not have to add a new heater or replace one. The ones I already had are about to keep it regulated at 78 - 80 degrees without having to work too hard. Plus it keeps my living room nice and cozy and cuts down on the electric bill. :) lol unorthodox I know but it's efficient. :)

Back