Heater

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Well, With 30 gal of open water, In room that is 69 decrees. I had a temp swing 1.75, almost 2 decrees. Doesn't sound like much, but it is. Went to ajust heater, The knob is stuck. The heater only 8 yrs old.:eek:.I know,I need to buy a new one.The one I have is a aqueon of some sort.Its been a good one. What is the best one on the market , and trust worthy.

I use the ehiem jäger heater. Many people have said theirs lasted 8-10 years. My oldest is about 2 years and works great.

LSU_fishFan;1095070 wrote: I use the ehiem jäger heater. Many people have said theirs lasted 8-10 years. My oldest is about 2 years and works great.

+1. Plus they are not that expensive. Make sure you have a thermostat controller or controller. When heaters fail they typically fail in the on position.

Fishlips;1095067 wrote: Well, With 30 gal of open water, In room that is 69 decrees. I had a temp swing 1.75, almost 2 decrees. Doesn't sound like much, but it is. Went to ajust heater, The knob is stuck. The heater only 8 yrs old.:eek:.I know,I need to buy a new one.The one I have is a aqueon of some sort.Its been a good one. What is the best one on the market , and trust worthy.
sounds like aqueon to me:D

the eheim is a great heater and i have used it for years with out any issues but there are other good options out there too, like the cobalt neo therm which i have also used on all my smaller tanks and have had no issues with.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1095075 wrote: the eheim is a great heater and i have used it for years with out any issues but there are other good options out there too, like the cobalt neo therm which i have also used on all my smaller tanks and have had no issues with.

+100, this is a must to have a controler (colbolt neo-stat temp controler), a good one.

Either Eheim Jager or a titanium heater on a controller.

aXio;1095086 wrote: Either Eheim Jager or a :eek:titanium heater:eek: on a controller.

Don't let Jenn see this , she will have you disemboweled , quartered and placed on the four corners of the kingdom for heresy.:yes: She hates them.:)
I have had success with them though.

grouper therapy;1095099 wrote: Don't let Jenn see this , she will have you disemboweled , quartered and placed on the four corners of the kingdom for heresy.:yes: She hates them.:)
I have had success with them though.

Yeah I know. Even though Jenn and I are on the same page about a lot of things, I would have to strongly disagree with her. We service over 900+ individual aquariums in Georgia... just guessing probably half of those are running titanium heaters and we very rarely have any issues. And we have never "cooked" any tanks using them ever. As much as I love the Jager heaters (It is what I use personally) we have more issue with them out on the field then we do with titanium ones.

aXio - as a sidebar, what's your impression/experience of the smaller neo-therms? Very popular heater in the nano scene.

BulkRate;1095112 wrote: aXio - as a sidebar, what's your impression/experience of the smaller neo-therms? Very popular heater in the nano scene.

Actually I quite like the Neo-Therm heaters. In fact we are planning to start stocking them in a few weeks. After testing them out for a good while I have decided to replace the digital Aquatop heaters I carry now with the Neo-Therm. My favorite part is the slim profile. And they seem to keep steady temps very well. The large Dual ones are perfect for modern sumps that tend to have smaller chambers.

I'm going to attempt to visit AquaEL in Poland during my vacation. Most of the Cobalt equipment is made there including the heaters. I will be interested in seeing the production process.

I've liked mine (been running a 50w for the past 2 years)... only thing I wish is that it had a digital readout like the Fluval E series or Aquatops.

But it does keep my tank's temp stable & seem accurate compared to an IR/laser temp gun. So no complaints of any real consequence.

Back