Heaters

Froster92

Supporting
Reaction score
Im trying to find a heater/heaters for a 180G were building, Im not sure where to look for these, BRS is sold out of everything. Would i be better getting 2 300W or 1 larger heater. Any suggestions on brands for a heater thats reasonably priced? Also a website I could purchase from thats not completely sold out?

For redundancy purposes, I would always go with two over one. Over a period of time equipment will fail and having multiple equipment would minimize impact on your tank.

2 heater over one. Pick what wattage you need and divide it up into multiple or at least two heaters as opposed to one. If your local LFS does not have in stock, and BRS and Marine Depot and Saltwater Aquarium etc.... and Chewy and Petco etc.... are out of stock, try Championlighting. Go with the best quality and most reliable units you can afford- because heaters are the most basic part of your life support- no heat no life for a reef tank..... invest in good quality redundant heaters before a fancier skimmer or other equipment.

Back