Hello ARC

demifelix

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I was last active on this forum. A lot of things happened and I had no time to take care of my tanks, and I lost almost everything. I'm looking to start back slowly again from scratch. I still recognize a few longtime members (Dave, Rich, Chris Oz, etc) and looks like we definitely got quite a few new members. Dave Acroholic's tanks and Chris Oz' tank always give me the inspiration to get it going, but I'm sure there are other awesome tanks out there that I haven't seen yet. Hope to get to see all of your tanks again.

Cheers,
Felix

Welcome back Felix, I was hoping that you hadn't quit reefing. I'm sorry to hear that you lost most everything, it can be upsetting.

I picked up some stuff from you at the coral swap ( 3 years ago?)at the Civic Center. I was really impressed in the fact that you and your whole family was involved in the trading, I think it was your son that was able to Id the zoas that I was picking up. That memory has stuck with me for a few years.

While the quality of my tank is no where near what the old timer's tanks are at... feel free to stop by and I'll be happy to frag some stuff off for you. Please Pm me for the address and directions.
-Ben

Glad to see you back Felix. Hope you didn't forget the club requirement for pics!! :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Welcome back Felix! Great to have you back on the forum! I recently went through the same problem and am now starting back up aswell!

I was out for about a year myself but it always feels good to get back in the hobby! Almost like you never left it. Anyways welcome back Felix!

Thanks guys and gals. I really appreciate the welcoming.

Ben.....thanks for the kind words and remembering me. My kids are so upset when the whole thing went south. Each of them got a free frag from the swap, and my son picked out the nicest piece of favia, and it was growing well in my tank. He plan to have a tank of his own one day and would have transferred that piece over. He was counting on my tank to grow that piece out since that was his first ever collection on his own. Unfortunately I shattered his dream and I feel so guilty until now (and probably for the rest of my life too). Oh well, one day I'll make it up for him.

This weekend I plan to get rid of all the algae covered live rocks and scrub the whole tank, and then next week I'll start adding live rocks slowly. I'm probably switching out the tanks as well, so I'll be on the look for a new set up too.

Rich....point well taken.... I'll snap some pics of my tanks now so you guys have an idea how terrible it had become. I really missed the old days. :(

demifelix;963928 wrote: Rich....point well taken.... I'll snap some pics of my tanks now so you guys have an idea how terrible it had become. I really missed the old days. :(

I know how you feel. I kind of lost control of my tank and with less and less time available I made the decision to sell it all around the first of the year. But I couldn't stay out either. :) I just picked up a 120 that is sitting in my driveway. May take me a year to build it back but at least I have something to keep me in the hobby.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son. Kids are pretty resilient. In addition, he is learning a good life lesson here. When life knocks you down, get back up and try again. Not many of the really good things in life come to us without having some setbacks.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Back