Help, 180 gallon tank build

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I know I need my head examined but I bought the 180 Glasscages Tank Posiedon's Reef was selling before their move. A huge undertaking. I am jumping from a 75 gallon with a HOB overflow with 20 gallon sump below. I am planning an in wall display. With a small ( 4' x 7') fish room. I would love feedback on what to do and what not to do from someone with previous experience dealing with larger tanks. Also if someone has a similar setup and is willing for me to take a gander it would be appreciated. It is my first (and last) big tank build. I have been looking at the large tank discussion forum on RC. I will try and posts pics later of my basement demo.

Glenn, I'm thinking to do the same with the 180 I just picked up. It's either that or put it on a stand in the main room. I like the in-wall idea so I don't have to worry about having a nice stand or canopy.

Post some links if you find guild similar builds.

If its empty, you should setup a closed loop with an Oceans Motions. that way you lose the powerheads

I'd highly recommend going around and seeing other people's setups that match what you want to do. When you get into bigger tanks, more and more is custom, so it's best to see what worked for different people and see what you can do for yourself.

All I have purchased so far is the tank, and the bulkheads. In process of building stand. I am lucky the previous owner had plumbed a washer box in the area I am using a my fish room. I am converting plumbing to a laundry tub. Next to it will be my auto top off reservoir.

mojo;129953 wrote: I'd highly recommend going around and seeing other people's setups that match what you want to do. When you get into bigger tanks, more and more is custom, so it's best to see what worked for different people and see what you can do for yourself.

I agree! I kinda just used my imagination with my 120. In a few weeks if you wanna check it out then pm me and you are welcome to see it. I has a fishroom custom stand custom everything. LOL.

Enjoy your build!

Loren, you need to put that 180 in the wall like we discussed when I was there. I't would look great in that spot.

Back