Help A Brutha Out !

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
Saw this post on Craigslist. I have nothing to give him...but thought someone might.

a>

I think you also have to consider her web savvy-ness. She typed in all caps, so might not have thought about putting her number. My worry is that she still has a BUNCH of stuff to buy, unless they give her a whole setup.

Someone needs to tell the person that the cost of a tank is minimal when compared with the other expenses in the hobby.

IMO, if someone cannot afford the tank, they are not going to be able to afford the other items and the up keep. And if you cannot afford the tank, then you probably need to be spending your money on other things, like food, rent, and clothing.

Acroholic;311706 wrote: IMO, if someone cannot afford the tank, they are not going to be able to afford the other items and the up keep. And if you cannot afford the tank, then you probably need to be spending your money on other things, like food, rent, and clothing.

My thoughts exactly... A 55g tank is what - $100 new? $50 used? If you can't afford that, then fishkeeping isn't the hobby for you...

If its a FW tank she's wanting to set up, then it's really just a matter of finding a cheap tank....... She's probably looking at a wally world HOB filter, 20 bucks, heater 15 bucks, substrate 10 bucks, too many freshwater fish added at once 30 bucks. No light needed.

With a free tank, you can have a ghetto FW system for 75 bucks......

Crazy like a fox she is..........

Oh and I don't doubt she's seen free tanks on Craigslist, and once some people see something for free, they never want to have to pay for it, so seems like she's just taking a pro-active approach to finding a good deal.

Now does anyone have a Solaris lighting system just sitting in the corner gathering dust? I'll consider all free offers

Back