Help a plumbing idiot?!

hn1

Market
Reaction score
We're trying to plumb our first tank and can't quite figure it out. We've been to Lowe's / HD and amassed a growing collection of PVC pieces, but are still struggling. :sad: The tank is a 50G, the lower edge of the bulkhead is 5" from the top of the tank and 26" from the top of the 20 long sump. The overflow will be 1 1/2" pipe diameter. Can anyone suggest an actual arrangement of the PVC parts? i.e. cut PVC to F-M slip, to x, to y.... The more I look at this *censored* thing the more confused I make myself. The return will be 1/2" and powered with a Mag 7. Anything you can say that may turn on the light in my head that seems to be on a dimmer switch would be appreciated! Our 20 is overloaded with corals and we need a PVC intervention! Anyone willing to hold my hand at the store and while plumbing this for beer and pizza this weekend?

That's what we have... the wife already had the drilled tank. Pic to follow for clarity.

Thank you for the reply! Here is a pic. I bought this tank a long time ago and a friend of mine had it drilled. We're learning that it probably isn't ideal, but it is what it is.

DSC_0689.jpg
alt="" />

blu_devl_06;369233 wrote: sump directly below the bulkhead?

Yea, pretty much. Only a few inches of play for the sump. The tank is 36", the sump is 30" long.

Back