HELP a plumbing question

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I have everything ready to glue PVC together for sump and fuge. Now I'm not sure about the cement to use. I got the purple primer and then All purpose cement. Is this ok or is there a special type of cement to use?

Sounds like you got what you need.Does the all purpose cement say pvc cement on the can anywhere? Be carefull with the purple primer it can get very messy.I use blue masking tape around my joints to keep the purple primer from making everything look messy.After it sets up just take the tape off and you have a perfect looking glue joint everytime with no purple runs. Of course if that doesnt bother you then glue away :)

I use the blue pvc cement which is a one step primer and cement and works if pipes are wet.

Purple primer gets messy. My plumber showed me the blue about a year ago and I'm not sure they even use primer/glue any more.

I sed the purple primer with the green cement. The primer is VERY messy! I wish I would have thought about the masking tape trick...so simple, yet so brilliant!

I skip the primer and use the gold can of PVC glue.. I have never had a problem.

i'm a two step guy first i tell her it was great deal second i hope she does'nt ask how much, no i like to clean first then glue, just my prefrance. sal

Back